Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cortland Marketplace

Clockwise: Smoked Whitefish Sandwich, Mushroom and Kale Piroshki, Maple Bacon Waffle

I love the idea of a marketplace for restaurants especially ones like the Cortland Marketplace. It gathers various vendors into one place where you can purchase your meal, drink, and dessert. I suppose the idea is similar to the gathering of food trucks, but I'd prefer this marketplace any time. I liked that there was indoor seating compared to eating outside where your hair keeps getting into your food and it's freezing. I also liked how the place looked very simple and cute, plus the workers were so helpful and nice.

Our fist stop was Paulie's Pickling, where we purchase the whitefish sandwich. Initially, I was kind of nervous since I really didn't know what whitefish was. After my first bite, I was really happy I had picked it. I liked the smoked flavor in the fish and everything else about the sandwich. 

Second was Anda Piroshki. I love piroshkis and this one was perfect. That is all.

For dessert, we had a maple bacon waffle from Suite Foods. We had the option of buying one that was already made or a fresh one. We opted for a fresh one since we weren't in a rush. I'd say this is for any lover of sweets, bacon, or carbs. Overall, this visit to the Cortland Marketplace was positive in every area and I can't wait to go back!

331 Cortland Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Neighborhood: Bernal Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment