Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Garibaldi's

My love for trying new restaurants and food has got me starting this new section -Bites- of posts on visits to different places I try. First off, Garibaldi's. This restaurant is quite large but fills up quickly with walk-ins and parties with reservations. We arrived at 11:30am to find one other person seated but by the time we left, the floor was filled with chattering folks. Noting that this was a Wednesday, reservations are suggested.


Grilled Chicken & Farro Salad

This salad was different than any I had ever tried before, in a good way. First, I've never had farro before. It had the texture of brown rice or chewier white rice, which added another dimension to the salad. Second, it was dressed with meyer lemon vinaigrette. I usually veer away from any salad containing vinaigrette, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this mixture of cucumbers, mint, almonds, and purple cauliflower. Lastly, grilled chicken is not a friend of mine. As a child who has choked down dry chicken, I've grown a fear for grilled chicken. But again, Garibaldi's proved me wrong.

Braised Wild Boar 'Sloppy Joe'

For an infrequent eater of 'Sloppy Joe's,' this sandwich was not the same as I had remembered what a Sloppy Joe was like. This one had whole grain mustard, arugula, and a fried egg stacked between two buttered and toasted buns. For lack of better words, this Joe was good. Placed beside crispy salt and pepper potato wedges, the plate was complete and very filling.

Chocolate Pudding

This chilled cup of chocolately goodness was topped with whipped cream, caramel, and sea salt. The caramel and sea salt definitely added a little something to the pudding. The extra dash of sweetness yet saltiness made this pudding more complex.

Garibaldi's
347 Presidio Ave
San Francisco, CA 94115
Neighborhood: Presidio Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment