Friday, August 19, 2016

Drifting with the Wind

Somedays Lovin Dress

For the longest time, I didn't know what ethical and sustainable fashion was about. I recently watched the documentary The True Cost which is about fast fashion and its detrimental effects on the environment and the people creating the clothing. It has really changed my view on clothing itself. I love clothes and fashion but I feel that inexpensive clothing in exchange for lives of humans is not worth it. Learning this from the documentary, I am trying to start myself anew with a new mindset on my wardrobe. I strive to buy less, wear the clothes I already own whether fast or sustainable, and if I do purchase clothing, they will be ethical and sustainable. On why I will continue to wear clothing I own from fast fashion stores is because I don't want them to go to waste. They have already been bought by someone who was previously unaware of fast fashion and its effects. I feel that it is best to wear it to its lifetime and replace them with clothing that will last. With that, I will leave you with this video I created, pulling a dress that I have owned from a few years back as a sign of striving not to create more waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment